The application of systematic, disciplined and quantifiable approach to the development operation and maintenance of software, this is the application of engineering to software.
Wasserman’s Notations of Software Engineering
- Analysis and design methods and notations
- User Interface prototyping
- System Architecture
- Software Process
- Tools and integrated environoments
Requirements set out what the system should do and define constraints on its operations and implementation.
- Functional Requirements – set out the services that the system should provide.
- Non-Functional Requirements – constrains the system being developed or the development process.
- User Requirements – are high level statements of what the system should do. User requirements should be written using natural language, diagrams and tables.
- System Requirements – are intended to communicate the functions that the system should provide.
The Requirements engineering process starts after a feasibility study and includes –
a – Requirements Elicitation and Analysis
b – Requirement Specification
c – Requirements Management
Requirement Elicitation and analysis is iterative involving –
- domain understanding
- requirement collection
- prioritization and validation
You may be interested in this Article: CREATING YOUR FIRST ANDROID APP – STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS