Polymorphism in Object Oriented Software Engineering | OOSE | Exam Prepration

Home Forums Official Forum- Navsingh Object Oriented Software Engineering Polymorphism in Object Oriented Software Engineering | OOSE | Exam Prepration

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nav Singh 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Nav Singh
    Keymaster

What is Polymorphism?
    Polymorphism means many forms its the most complex among, abstraction, inheritance and encapsulation.

Example: The “+” plus sign

In lots of languages more specifically talking about “Java” as in first year of my BSc honours in Computing at National College of Ireland. I studied Polymorphism in Java.

Ok, continuing with the example –

If, we have “a+b

and if the values provided for “a” and “b” are integers , like a=1 and b=2

It will automatically add and we get a+b = 1+2 = 3  as result.

but if the values are Strings it will conciliate them –

if

a=”Hello” and b=”World”

Then

a+b = HelloWorld   as result

Thats, what polymorphism is.

Another Example very specific to Java

In, Polymorphism  for example we are Inheriting some classes from a parent class.

Example of polymorphism _ What is Polymorphism

Since, We know a inherited class use the behavior of the parent class.In polymorphism, for an instance think we have a bank account class with a behavior “withdraw” and a child class has  a situation that simple withdraw behavior is not sufficient.In,this case

We @Override the default behavior and write rules for withdraw within that child class to use for just that class whenever needed.

I hope it helped.For any questions comment below or start a topic in Navsingh Forum

or check out the Object Oriented Software Engineering Forum

Reply To: Polymorphism in Object Oriented Software Engineering | OOSE | Exam Prepration
Your information:

Official Forum

This is the Official Forum of Navsingh a community that helps you find answers to all of your problems,they can be Java/programming,wordpress,android, android programming, seo related or technology related