When to Use a Sub Domain and When to Use a Sub Directory?

Home Forums Official Forum- Navsingh When to Use a Sub Domain and When to Use a Sub Directory?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nav Singh 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Nav Singh
    Keymaster

When to Use a Sub Domain and When to Use a Sub Directory?

Use sub domains for larger topics ‐ i.e. if you have a health site, it makes sense to create separate domains for each major group of diseases (i.e. cardiovascular, respiratory, etc.) and then create a sub folder for the separate diseases in this group (i.e. heart attack, flu, etc.)

Also, as already mentioned, if your site has a forum and or/a a blog in addition to your corporate pages, you should use sub domains for the forum and the blog ‐ i.e. forum. domain. com and blog. domain. com.

Of course, these are just general recommendations and you don’t have to follow them blindly. As usual, the ultimate test is to try and see what works for you and what doesn’t.

Good luck

Reply To: When to Use a Sub Domain and When to Use a Sub Directory?
Your information:

Official Forum

This is the Official Forum of Navsingh a community that helps you find answers to all of your problems,they can be Java/programming,wordpress,android, android programming, seo related or technology related