What is Responsive Website Design?
Responsive Web design is the approach that suggests that design and development should respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. The practice consists of a mix of flexible grids and layouts, images and an intelligent use of CSS media queries. As the user switches from their laptop to iPad, the website should automatically switch to accommodate for resolution, image size and scripting abilities. In other words, the website should have the technology to automatically respond to the user’s preferences. This would eliminate the need for a different design and development phase for each new gadget on the market.
In simple Words
Responsive Website Design is when we create a layout for a website in such a way that the website provides you with an optimal viewing experience, easy to read and navigate with a minimum amount of resizing across all devices from PC’s, Laptops, iPhones, Android and many other devices.
When creating a Responsive Design we ensure that the website’s navigation elements, screen layouts, images, text, video players and other elements re-adjust themselves on a wide range of devices. Therefore eliminating the need to spend extra time and money on creating and maintaining a “mobile-site version” and another “desktop-site version” of your website.
Now that you understand what Responsive Web Design is, we will show you the advantages and why Responsive Website Design is important while creating websites.
Top 6 Advantages of Responsive Web Page Design
There is NO doubt that Responsive Web Design is very important for today’s webdesign point of view.
Smartphone and tablet adoption rapidly increases, so does the importance of mobile-friendly websites. Smartphones and tablets have changed the approach toward design and user experience. Before the spread of mobile devices with advanced web-browsing capability, web designers had only one primary challenge to deal with keeping the same look and feel of their websites. However, interacting with websites on smartphones and tablets is not the same as doing that on a desktop computer monitors.
- Super Flexible -Responsive web design sites are fluid, meaning the content moves freely across all screen resolutions and all devices. Both the grids and the images are fluid. Just as a liquid spreads out or draws in to allow its content to fill an allotted space and retain its appearance, responsive web design’s fluidity achieves the same result with website content on a device screen
- Excellent User Experience-While content is the key on any website, it is the user experience that really works well allowing the user to view a website anywhere, on any device. Responsive web design is about providing the same user experience, whether they use a desktop computer, smartphone or a tablet to view your website. Responsive web design accommodates the busy professional during the day or the mother taking the kids to school on a bus in the morning. No re-sizing or zooming is necessary for anyone viewing your website on any device.
- It is Recommended By Google- It’s becoming industry standard to have a responsive website, so stay ahead of the competition or get one step closer by using a responsive website.Google does say that responsive website design is recommended for mobile configuration, and even goes as far as saying they refer to responsive web design as the industries best practice. This is because responsive websites have one address, regardless of device, it makes it easier for Google to crawl, index, and organize content
- SEO Benefits of Responsive Website Design-There has been a debate in the Search Engine Optimisation industry about responsive websites and SEO. Some people think it is good, while others do not believe it is the best solution for all businesses , but Google is saying that a responsive website design is the recommended configuration for creating smartphone optimised websites.
- Cost Effective-The advantages of having a single site that conforms to the need of all devices are significant when compared to having two separate websites.Having the freedom to edit just one website rather than the “mobile website” & the “desktop website” is very cost effective, saving you time and money. Sites designed solely for mobile device traffic don’t offer the navigational techniques found in traditional websites, and they require the user to maintain two separate website address for. This is an inconvenience for people and chance are they will drop off your website and check out the competitions website. Responsive web design also enhances your SEO efforts by having all your visitors directed to a single site no matter what they prefer to use.
- Website looks beautiful on each and every device – no matter what device or platform you use to see the website. Your Website will look the same with enhanced User experience.
Pay your Tribute with a like, tweet or share.
You are a Legend